Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Magnet Board

This weekend I went to Michael's in Augusta and bought some magnetic paint. I have been wanting to make Katy a magnet board in the playroom for a while now, but I just got around to it yesterday. It is pretty easy. You just paint this stuff on the wall and then sand it a bit and add another coat of your colored paint on top. Wallah! Magnet wall! I also got some cute wooden animal cutouts and stuck magnets on the back of them. I painted some letters and made her name, too! Then I put some magnetic strips on some ribbon and stuck it around to frame it in. Put it all together and this is what I came up with....

I feel like I must mention that the camera was crooked- not the wall Katy loves to move the animals around...
Telling daddy the monkey says oooooo oooooo
Trying to make an elephant sound...came out more like a lion! haha
She was having so much fun she kept jumping up and down! Her little feet were running in place! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww. that is so cute. her joy just spills out of her!

Margo said...

Very creative...what a super idea!