Monday, March 31, 2008

Let the little children come to me...

"Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.' And he laid his hands on them and went away." Matthew 19:14-15


A mother's heart could not be happier at this point in her child's life than I was this morning. While I was getting the breakfast dishes cleaned up (ok--while I was putting them in the sink...hahah), Katy found one of my Bibles on the table and began to "read" it to me. She was talking and pointing out verses. It just blessed my heart to see that He has laid His hand upon her! You see, while Katy is still way too young to make the connection that Jesus is her Savior (or even to read the Word--note that the Bible is upside down! hehe!), she is already beginning to take interest in her Father's Word! She even put her hands together to show you guys at home how to pray! (This is her newest"trick"). We have started reading little Bible and prayer books to her, and she even falls asleep each night to Twila Paris singing bedtime songs about Jesus and His love for her! What a true joy it is to know that I(we) get the opportunity to raise this little girl up in the Lord! Praise Jesus that she will not have know what it is like to have the world against her with no Hope to turn to! Praise God that He has turned our lives around so that I can assuredly say, "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!" Joshua 24:15





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't have to be a Mom to be blessed by that! How precious to see a child with a bible and know in just a short time she will be reading it (probably right side up unless she wants a challenge) and following in her Mom's footsteps of worshiping God!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed looking at her so much, I had to revisit...
She is a precious gift, not just to mom and dad and the family, but to the world. What will God do with her?