Well I have been so busy this week with work that I am just now getting to blog about my sister's trip to Maine. (Work, by the way, is going GREAT!! I really enjoy working with Anthony each day, and Katy is loving her school, so things are good! She actually didnt even want to go home when I went to pick her up the first day! :) She is having a blast!) Ok, so rewind to last week. Shelley (my older sister) and her husband Andy flew into Boston last Thursday night. After school I went home and got to see Katy for only a couple of hours before we had to take her to my good friend Brady's house to sleep over--for the FIRST time ever!! :( Sniff Sniff...I cried half of the way to Boston...She, on the other hand, did awesome and didnt even shed one tear! She loves Brady's kids and they were just about as excited to have her as she was to be with them! :) Hugs to my dear friend for keeping my little one not only safe, but so happy! :) mmmm! Ok, so after much tears, we arrived in Boston to get my sister. That night we stayed at a hotel just outside of the city (Hello can you say B I G savings!) ...Friday morning we got up early and took the T into the city and followed the "Red brick road" along the Freedom trail! We had lots of fun--when everyone wasnt making fun of me for "NEEDING" to stay on the red line...(listen yall--last time I went, Tim didnt want to follow the line--somehow this time I saw like 5 more "sites" than I did before--this is why we must STAY ON THE STINKIN LINE!!! GRRRR!!!) ;) heehehe! We ended up eating lunch at a great little Italian joint in the North End...just around the corner from the Paul Revere --Hey ANDY--it sounds like "over here" just so you're prepared next time ;) House. After lunch I got to have a heyday at the farmers market downtown! OH MY GOSH!! I was in heaven! I got fresh apples, berries, kiwis, tomatoes, and even flat bread --ALL for only $8.50!!! It was AWESOME!! After that we headed home and made a quick stop in Kennebunk to see the ocean! I tell you what--there is nothing like the Maine coast line to make you proud to be a "transplant" Mainer! I was like "see see" "isnt it gorgeous"!!! I just love my new HOME! :) God really knows how to wow me! Ok, so I forgot my camera (DANG IT!!!) when we went to Boston and Kennebunk, so as soon as Shelley (HINT HINT) emails me the pictures she took, I will add them! We ended the night by picking up my baby and then going to get pizza! Yummay! Sat. we drove all over and even stopped to pick some of the season's first apples! One of many trips I plan to take out to the orchards this year! Sunday morning Shelley and Andy joined us at church for our last Sunday at our home church. I got to sing one last time with the praise team and said my tearful "see you soons" to everyone. :( Sniff Sniff...Then we headed out to the "camp" and showed them the lake--or pond...whatever... Monday we headed to Portland to take them to the bus station, and blink...the trip was over almost as quickly as it started.... :( Katy was pretty sad. She has tears in her eyes and kept saying "See Shelley...see Anie" (that is what she called Andy! hehe! Pretty sad. Shelley and I were crying too...and shh...dont spread it, but Anie was crying too :( Isnt that sweet? Alright so I had a great time showing my sister my new home and life here up north! It was really strange, though, I must say, having my sister and her husband come to stay with me at my home with my family...I felt like...you know...GROWN UP!!! Ahhh!!! When did that happen?? Now Im not saying we didnt have some childish conversations...and errr...unhhh...sound effects...uhem uehm...but, wow...Im starting to feel like an adult. Dude!! That is scary! hahah!
Dancing with Katy after breakfast.. Look really close and you can see how excited Katy was!
Shelley and Katy getting their groove on
"come on...let's dance some more!!"
Aunt Shelley and Uncle Andy at the Apple Farm with Katy
Aunt Shelley and Katy walking back to the car...uh...not that green thing...
"Ill take one of these to go please..."
All Tuckered out!
Mommy and Katy "refueling" after all that driving around!
There seems to have been a little mix up here! ;)


1 comments:
I am glad y'all had a great visit with AUNT Shelley & Uncle Anie. ;) There is nothing like out of state folks helping us see with fresh eyes the beauty of our state. (remind me of this when the 6 months of snow come)
Post a Comment