Mark the date--May 25, 2010! Today my sweet baby Katy became a Christian. You can rest assured that mommy and all of Heaven are rejoicing! Now for those of you that would read this and say "I dont believe that--she is too young" I must tell you that I have always thought the same thing whenever anyone has told me that they became a Christian when they were 3 or 4--HOWEVER!!!-- God has such a sense of humor and such a way with timing! (Not to mention He is faithful!!) Ever since Katy was born I have always prayed that she would become a Believer at a young age and follow God all her days. (I didnt think He would fulfill this prayer SOOO literally!!) Wow! Anyways, Katy has been drwing "Jesus crosses" (her words) singing "Jesus loves me" and telling us that "Jesus died and took our place" lately. She even talks to Jesus--seriously--out loud- unashamedly "Hi Jesus" she says when we are outside! "Can I have a balloon for Jesus" she asked the other day at a little friends bday party! Then tonight (after having a week or two of feeling like I was not a great mommy--you have read the other posts about her behavior) Katy and i were reading books before I tucked her in and she picked out the "My John 3:16 Book". I got it when I went to NC for a VBS trainers conference when Katy was 5 mo. Anyways, I didnt think much of it when she picked that one (she is too young to understand it, right??) Well--I was WRONG--Praise the Lord!! The book is written as a witnessing tool for children--it goes through John 3:16 bit by bit -talking about God,, the world he created, His only son (when I read the line "Who is God's one and Only Son?" she said --without missing a beat--Jesus!--she really does listen in Sunday School and at the church preschool when I work!!), his death and resurrection, and salvation. So, at the end of the book it asks if you want to believe in Jesus and she said "yes". It then asks "do you want to receive God's free gift" and she again said "yes". (Im not trying to pursued her or anything...just reading and jaw dropping--and a few tears as I realize what is coming next). Then it says "you can pray this prayer like Lola (the girl in the book) did. As I read the prayer her little eyes are closed and she is repeating it after me--Im not even saying "repeat after me"!! So I am in tears and so proud of my little--very little girl--who gave her heart to Jesus tonight!
Lord God I thank you for the answered prayer tonight--for saving my baby at such a young age! I thank you for being faithful to me even when I havent always been as faithful to you as I should. You are always teaching me and showing me such mercy and forgiveness. I praise you and love you my wonderful Maker and Savior. THank you for the fire that is in Katy's heart burning for you. I pray that she will search you out all the days of her life and that her heart will always belong to you. Thank you for letting me be her mommy! You give such good gifts! This day reminds me of just how much you love me. Thank you Lord!





0 comments:
Post a Comment