(If you arent sure what this post is about- go down to my update post and read first)
Day 1:
Well, I put John down for his 9am nap and got the Bible out. Katy was not thrilled. (She prefers her Veggie Tales Bible) We sat down on the couch and I began to read from John (wonder why). As Im reading she is trying to cover up the words so I cant see. I ask her to stop--of course she continues. I read through chapter 1 with her. When I come to a part about the "Jews", she says "Yummy! I love Juice" -ok- now tht is funny! lol! As I finish the chapter she is not really paying much attention, even states "this book is boring". We got through 1 chapter today. I finished reading and prayed with her "Dear Jesus- please help Katy to be a good girl. Help her to listen and obey her mommy and daddy, help her to be kind to her brother, and not yell and throw fits. Jesus please help mommy and daddy to be kind to Katy and love her. In Jesus name, Amen". She didnt pay me too much attention- just got "her" books and asked me to read them. I did.
Not ten minutes latter she is in time out for yelling at me. 30min later in her room screaming and slamming her door-- she wanted a chocolate covered granola bar (daddy's) and I said no. She threw it at me. I said go to your room and she said--excuse me--YELLED "NO". So now she is in her room throwing a fit and I am wondering what I have done wrong??
Why am I forcing this bible time--this "boring" adult book time?? I guess because I know that I DONT have the answers!! I cannot make this child listen to me--or obey me. I dont know what is going on with her--I have never been through this age before and have never had two children before...so...I will set aside time to read the Word of God with her--no matter how boring she make think it is because--I NEED JESUS TO BE THE ANSWER!! He says if you are weary and heavy laden to come to him and cast your burden upon him--well--IM THERE!! I need Jesus to carry this weight. I NEED my sweet Katy back--I actually miss her--Im telling you--this is not her! :( So sad. Ok- so if you are reading this--please pray for us--pray that she would be touched by the Spirit- that he would clam her being and touch her heart. Pray that Tim and I would make it through this with our sanity. That I would parent her in love and not resent this behavior. I know that it is a phase and I still love my girl--I just need to learn how to better handle her right now.
So Day 1 of Operation Daily Bread not as successful as I had hoped, but God willing, in time she will come around...hey-- ROme wasnt build in a day, right? ;) Stay tuned!!
Proof of an ATTITUDE!!


0 comments:
Post a Comment