Monday, May 10, 2010

Update

Ok- so it has been an eternity since I have posted on here...Quick update-

Tim turned 30 on April 26th and we went down to Mass. to celebrate with his dad's (who turned 50) family. John did great in the car- slept most of the way, and Katy watched dvds (thank God for that portable dvd player!!) and asked "are we there yet" about a hundred time! haha! The trip was really great. The kids got to see their great grand parents (which was really great) and Tim got to spend time with his family. We decided that the trip wasnt that longs and we really must go back more often. We also hit up the Boston Aquarium on the way back home! EXPENSIVE!!! Nice--but EXPENSIVE!! $30 just for parking--for less than 2hrs!! Check out some pictures from the trip. (bottom of post)

John is going to be 5 months old in just 9 days!! :( So sad how fast it really flys! He is amazing!! He sleeps on his belly all the time now--by chocie--he rolls onto his belly the minute you put him in bed! He pretty much wakes up once or twice a night these days. Still nursing well and eats one solid food a day. So far his favorites are bananas, butternut squash and alvacado! :) He also takes water--FROM A CUP?!?!?! Crazy baby!! He is soooo grown up! He also LOVES his jumperoo! In fact-- if you are holding him he like to jump up and down like you are the jumperoo! hhh!! Silly! He is about 14.5 lbs now and over 25 inches long! He looks like he will be tall and skinny--haha imiagine that! He loves to snuggle ALL the time and is REALLY a wonderful baby. Happy all the time!!


Katy...well....ok--the truth--she has been a HANDFUL lately. In fact--as I type she is throwing a fit! hahah! The girl is going through somethig for sure--disobeying, throwing things, yelling, sneaking around...etc. Im so saddend by it, because she was always such a sweet girl. Just not sure where it is coming from. She never does anything towards John--always towards me or TIm. Perhaps it is hitting her that she is not an only child?? I am trying lots of different approaches--from ignoring her fits, to trying to give her extra attention, to time outs, to --spanks--yes--even tried a spank!! NOTHING seems to get through to her. I did put a call in to the Dr. to see if this is normal- just waiting fo rthem to call me back--ANYTIME NOW PEOPLE!! In the mean time, I am going to try something new today: DAILY BREAD!! I have been praying about this (A LOT) and have decided that I am going to start taking John's morning naptime to sit down with her and read the Word. We can talk about it and pray together and GOD will fix what is going on in her--right?? (PLEASE LORD)!! Ok- well it is almost 9-which means its naptime, so here goes! Day # 1. I will keep you updated!! (Yes-- I really will)

Happy Birthday "Tims"
Grandpa Tim is very busy :)Daddy cutting the birthday cake
Family pic in PlymouthJohn meets his grandpa Tim

John and Grandma Lisa
The Taylor men- Great Grandpa Fred, Grandpa Tim, Daddy, Unlce Zach, and Baby John :)
Katy has a moment with Grandpa Katy with her Great Grandma Jan and Great Grandpa Fred

0 comments: