"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. The you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me. When you seek me with all your heart, I will be found by you, declares the LORD..."
I realize that it has been a long time since I last posted. I have been through a whirlwind, it seems, in the past month. Christmas was a bit lonely without our families, but there was much joy. New Years, on the other hand, was, well....not the greatest day of my life. I was very sad and hung out in my bath robe for a few days wondering what God was up to. It is hard when you want something so bad and to come so close you can almost touch it, and then just have it all gone in an instant. I dare say I do not understand the ways of the Lord, but I guess that is why He reminds me that my ways are not his ways and my thoughts are not his thoughts. He knows the plans He has for our family's future--They are plans for something so great and wonderful, only He could establish them. I want to live my life for my God and generally that means accepting His will and His timing...not mine. So, what have I learned?? Honestly, I can say I now realize that all my life I have tried so hard to make up for what went wrong in my childhood, that I over analyze and painstakingly try to control every detail of my life. It is a VERY heavy burden...one that the Lord never intended for me to take upon myself. In so many ways, he has broken me of the bondage that enslaves me, and yet I always seem to pick it back up in some different area of my life. Well, not anymore! Enough! I cant "make" my life picture perfect, but I know God has great things in store if I can just wait for His perfect timing. So, I will give up control of what I cannot control, and live in the joy of what blessings he has already so graciously given to me. I thank God for my dear husband and my amazing daughter. What a great life He has already given me. Oh, and just when I was feeling down, he went above and beyond to show me that He is still here with me and that He still loves me.
Last Tuesday I went to the school where I had been "long-term" subbing since the first day of school (I know "permanent sub" would be an oxymoron, but seriously??) and spoke with the principal. I let her know that Tim was ready for me to come back home, and though I greatly appreciated the opportunity, I was going to be leaving. She was extremely understanding and positive. I told her I would begin volunteering in the classroom once a week so that I could still spend time with the little ones I have grown so fond of :) Ok, so after all that, I leave the school feeling very positive and at peace (perhaps I should have listened to my husband sooner). I then go to a meeting with our new Pastor and he offers me the position of Children's Ministry Director. He wants me to start from the ground up and completely go to town. He is giving me full support and full freedom to create a children's ministry. Oh...and....they are going to PAY me! And...they are going to work childcare into the package (the church has a preschool and a Christian Academy on campus!) He said that I would be able to work from home most of the time, and that my family would be my number one ministry! :) Um...GOD--YOU ARE SO GOOD TO ME! This is what I went to school for. This is what I felt called to so many years ago. I learned a lot at Living Water (our former church home) and now I feel like GOd is saying "take it to the next level". No holds bar! I am just thrilled. So what should have--no COULD have been a very sad week, has turned into a time of great reflection, reprioritizing, and rejoicing!
Ok, so now that I have gotten all of that out...I will begin blogging again. In fact...here are a few pictures of my favorite girl in the world on Christmas morning...more pictures to follow of Katy Taylor Ballaweenah! (that's how she says it anyways!)
A little Christmas Kiss..

Checking out the train set Santa brought her...
Loving her Mickey books
Playing her guitar for us (she even said "thank you thank you" when she was done and took a bow) heheh!
Changing her doll's diaper (she said it went poopoo and she needed to wipe its booty! --seriously...where does she hear this stuff?? heheh)
Playing with her "Katy" doll. She loved it because she thought it looked like her! :) Thanks Auntie Becky!!
Playing with her "Katy" doll. She loved it because she thought it looked like her! :) Thanks Auntie Becky!!
Listening to some backyardigans tunes on her princess player!

She finally got her doll house! SHe absolutely loves it!! Thank you Nana, Papa, Granny, Bev, and Grandpa and Mimi!! We have a complete set--suv and everything!! :)
Nana showing KAty one of her favorite new toys. Thank you uncles Luke and Max!

Trying to figure out what she wants for breakfast...


3 comments:
Angela,
I am feeling your pain and your strength, too. I wanted to write you on a sentence you snuck into your blog: "I cant "make" my life picture perfect, but I know God has great things in store if I can just wait for His perfect timing." But I have a question: What if your life already IS 'picture perfect?' It looks like it is to me. That's what makes you a great wife, mom and friend! Every time I see you and Katy together, see you two laughing, kissing and hear you speak about your love of being home, again, it seems so perfect! Do any of us know what it really means to have a 'picture perfect' life, anyways? I just don't want you to wait for "IT" to happen to finally allow yourself to truly feel happy. You have a great daughter, home, marriage, faith...on and on. I know you have lots of baggage from your childhood (Me Too!), but it is from this that makes you strong, heroic and who you are. You are exactly where you are meant to be at this time of your life. Grasp it, enjoy it, savor it. Happiness is a journey, not a destination for us to wait for. You deserve blissful happiness NOW. Love ya! XOXO, Dana
God is good! You have an awesome family! Tim and Katy are blessed to have you as a wife/mom!!! Hey, did you get a new couch? I'm confused...I see the ones you had when I lived there in some of the pictures and new ones in other pictures. I KNOW that all that furniture can't fit in your living room :)
AMEN FRIEND, AND YES, IT HAS TAKEN ME MANY, MANY, MANY, YEARS TO LISTEN TO MY HUSBANDS WISDOM AND APPLY IT. WHEN I DO, GOD ALWAYS BLESSES ME SOME HOW. BOY, WE CAN BE SO THICK AT TIMES. HUGS YOUR WAY FRIEND. LISA
http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment