Monday, March 16, 2009

Revelation

So last night I went to the Third Day "Revelation Tour" with my amazing sisters Holly, Aimee, and Sue. IT WAS AWESOME!!! First I have to add in this funny--On the way, we went to eat at Texas Roadhouse, (almost like home!) and I was disappointed because they were flying the Texas flag at like half mass--any true Texan can tell you that we are the only state in the "Union" that has the right (legally) to fly our flag as high as the American (yeah--I know what yall think, and youre right--we are just as proud to be Texans as we are to be Americans)...anyways--I, of course, notified the manager as soon as we got to our table "If yall want to be a real "Texas" Roadhouse, you need to raise your flag"....she said that I was like the 10th person that had called her over to tell her that that day! hahah! I said "yeah..and I bet they were all Texans, too!" ;) hhehe! I know we can be obnoxious, but hey...we are rightfully proud of our Lone Star State! Yehaw baby!

Ok..that is totally not what I wanted to post about..just thought I couldnt leave it out...and to mention that I CANT wait til May 28th!! I am going to eat my fill when I get there!! Ok, ok...back to the concert.

It was AWESOME!! Revive was the opening band..they were really good..Aussies...and....um....REALLY CUTE!!! Shhhh!! Dont tell Timmy! ;) Brandon Heath was up next and he ROCKED!! Seriously!! There was a song that made me cry thinking of how much I love my husband..it is number 7 on his new album..called "Love Never Fails". I am going to give it to him on our 7th anniversary...in just a few weeks (the 29th). Thrid Day was toooo cool for words. I cant tell you how awesome (this is like the millionth time I have used that word--yes, Im aware) it was to be pounding your fist in the air-- to a Christian rock band. You could feel the base beating in your chest and the lights were flashing....you almost forgot where you were til you felt the person next to you bump your arm-- in the air! At one point everyone was on their feet with arms raised to heaven praising God! Here's is the really cool part--I WAS ONE OF THEM! Two weeks ago I lost my baby. I was doubled over in physical pain and sweltering with emotions and anger. One week ago I was hardly talking to God and did NOT want to go to church (I did anyways). Last night I was jumping up and down shouting praises to my God and realizing that I meant it. I love Him. I praise Him. Even through the storm. He is still so GOOD to me. So--if you need your spiritual battery recharged I recommend you first get a bunch of people praying for you (Im telling you that I felt everyone of your prayers people--thank you) and then go to a Christian Rock concert!! You will be on your feet in no time! God is so good, and He so often speaks to me in song. That is why I wanted to share a little bit of my heart through music today. Scroll down to the next three posts and you will see some (there are too many to post them all) of the songs God is using right now to minister to me. The one I couldnt bring myself to post yet, is Glory Baby by Watermark. I still cant make it through that one, but Aimee tells me that someday I will be able to. Maybe then I will share it. You can always look it up if you dont mind crying. Ok, enjoy the music and remember that God is good all the time...even when we dont FEEL like He is good to us. That is usually just the enemy holding us captive. I love you Lord.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God your spirit was revived! That song really helped Sasha (the woman I told you about on myspace that has a separate website for Moms who have endured the pain of not getting to hold their angel baby before they go to heaven) and she made a few videos (posted on her site) in memorium too with that song.

MaineMillers said...

Angela,

My heart is cheering you on. You're walking the walk, girl. You're right about the power of music. Sometimes it's amazing how things hit you in a song. The other day I happened to be listening to Watermark and heart Glory Baby...was thinking and praying for you. May God continue to sing over you! (Zephaniah 3:17)