Well, I cannot believe it, but today is our 7th anniversary. Wow! It seems like just yesterday I was sitting in the hallway playing "Barbie wedding" with my sister Shelley and now all these years later I am looking at my own wedding as a distant memory. Tim and I have been together since I was 18 (I will be 28 in 5 months)! I hit me this morning as we were sitting at a breakfast cafe in town, drinking our coffee, watching our daughter play with her food...I am getting old. (Ok, old-er) "Weren't we just 20??" I asked Tim. It is crazy how time flies. I have been married to Tim for a 1/4 of my life! I know--crazy!! We have lived in Maine for more than 1/2 of our married life. Where does the time go? I think that having babies eats up a vast majority of time...you know like there is some strange baby time warp (a bit like the "walmart" time warp--you know--where you go into wally world for a lint roller and come out 2 hrs latter with everything from dog food to diapers and the new Dave album) only worse! We spent some time this afternoon looking at our weeding album and reminiscing about that day (so long ago). So I guess now I am just looking forward to the next 7 years. Katy will be almost 10!! Hopefully we will have another one running around and we might still be young enough to chase them! ;) hehe! (We wont even be 40!) We realized that we will celebrate our 20th anniversary when we are 40 and 41...most people now days dont reach that until they are like 50. Strange...but...I wouldnt have changed it for the world. I am really happily married to my best friend. We have grown up since we met and changed into different people, as everyone does when they go through their 20's, but he is still the one I choose to be with, still the one I love. :) Happy Anniversary Pookie Bear! (shhh....you didnt hear the last part) ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
ahh yes I know of the wally time warp.
thanks for taking me down your memory lane on your special day.
Post a Comment