So with Labor Day being over, leaves on the trees beginning to turn red, school starting, the pool closing, and the orchards beginning to pick, and boats coming out of the water, I think it is safe to say that summer is coming to a close. While I am traditionally saddened by this change, knowing that the hottest and longest days of the year are over, and that shorts and flops must be turned in for a long "hibernation", this year, Im not quite as sad. First of all, I have always loved the first few months of fall--who wouldn't living in Maine?? We have the absolute best apples ANYWHERE!! There is nothing--nothing--like a fresh apple that you picked right off the tree (ok, maybe a blueberry right off the bush, but come on!) Also, being from Texas, I still get excited at the changing of the leave (year it has been 5 years, but what can I say--the colors are AMAZING!!) As well, something inside me still loves the watching the joy on the kiddies faces at "harvest festival" time. Secretly I love seeing kids get dressed up (not as goblins, witches, and devils--why do people let their kids do that??-- Im talking about the kittys and pumpkins and fairys and stuff) and going door to door for candy--which we all know Mom and Dad sneak after they are in bed...um--hypothetically speaking of course--I wouldnt know what that's all about ;). Then of course there are trips to the pumpkin patches, women's church retreats and Thanksgiving with family. We wont bring up the fact that daylight savings changes our long summer days into minuscule sun deprived days....or...the fact that I have been know to spot a snow flake or two before "winter" officially arrives. As for Giffords closing, that can go either way...on one hand, you cant walk to the icecream stand anymore for a treat...on the other hand, they sell off all their leftovers for half price --and who wants to walk to Giffords in the freezing cold for icecream anyways?? I guess on top of all this, I am really just excited that at the end of the season we will be welcoming our baby boy. Ok, you knew that was coming, right? I cant believe how fast this year has gone by. We are already into September and my tummy is getting bigger and bigger....and bigger....each day. I love seeing my son growing--dont get me wrong--but it is getting a bit uncomfortable and Im sure I might pop at any moment--especially after a big meal! How did it happen last time? How will all that baby fit into this body? I know it did before, but Im just saying--I already feel as though I may tip over at any moment if caught in a slight breeze! ;) Ok, seriously though. We are getting excited about all the changes taking place around us and want to share them with you :) Take a look at some of the first pictures of our Fall!
Katy's best friend Ava playing mommy! So cute! She said "Ill get her out!" :) Katy just went with it!
Say "apples!!" Katy and her buddies Ava and Grace ready for some picking!
And they're off!!
Picking her first apple of 09 (many --many more to come!!)
Checking out her "harvest".
Someone was a good girl and got her hair cut at the "big girl" salon, so she was rewarded (ok--bribed) with wings, bubbles...oh...and a trip to the new Cold Stone!! :) (I know what you are thinking...and yes, I did enjoy that reward, too!)....oh--one other thing...look at the sad little dog in the background! hahaah! Poor thing wants out!!











0 comments:
Post a Comment