Saturday, September 22, 2007

Oh GROSSSS!!!

Oh my gosh!! This morning something horrifying, terrifying, and down right nasty happened. First let me start by saying that yesterday when I went in to get Katy out of her crib she had taken off her pants and her diaper. She was running around her bed half naked--it was kinda funny and cute (in a -please dont do that ever again because it could have been much worse- kinda way). Anyhow, I didnt make a big deal out of it because I did not want her to do it again, and since all my magazines and books say --dont make a big deal because they enjoy the attention and will repeat offend--I thought I was all set. Well.....Not so much! AHHHHH!!! This morning I went in to get the little darling and she had--yeah --you guessed it--taken off her pants and diaper....uh yeah- this time with poop in it....and yes --it gets worse! Not only did she pee twice in the bed (I guess it felt good to be free), she also took the turd out of the diaper...and DUH DUH DUN---tried to EAT (AHHHHHHH) it! AHHHH!!! If you know me well you know that this time there was no way that I could pretend to not be phased....I was appalled---grossed out--freaked out--wigged out--you get the picture! I mean-- She had poop on her face, hands, pj top, and feet! Im screaming "why did you EAT THAT!! Why why why! We dont eat Poo poo baby! Yuck!!" And she starts crying (way to go mom--score one more on the bad parent side) Time to wash ALL the bedding AGAIN! Then I start thinking -thank God she is on an antibiotic for the ear infection cause this has got to be bad for her to eat. AHHHH.. I am still processing this in my head and still freaking out! This is my first time dealing with this so please Margo and others with ten kids (haha) please help --tell me this has happened to others...please tell me I m not the worst mother in the world and PLEASE!!! --dont tell anyone that my poor child is so hungry that she eats her own poop! Ahhhh!!! OK, for obvious reasons I am not posting pictures for this article...your welcome! ;) Ok, I need to go rest...It has been a traumatic morning..... hahahah

6 comments:

Margo said...

Oh mommy friend, hang in there!! Although I can't say any of my babies have ever tried to eat their poop (I don't think), I can say that I have cleaned up some pretty nasty messes. I totally think it's okay that she cried; she needed to see that you were disappointed. I don't think that you're a bad mommy at all!! I do recommend purchasing a shower head that you can pull down (hold in your hand) so you can just stand her in the tub and "hose" her down, for a lack of better way to say that! In Maine, I had to do that MANY, MANY times with Kyle and I will definitely purchase one of those shower heads again when I start potty-training Ian...it's a mommy must!!! You are a SUPER mommy!!!

Anonymous said...

thank you for not posting a pic! thank you thank you. not that i am a mommy but i was always told when they take off their diaper they are ready to start potty training...now i know she is very young, but she walked young too. i think she is going to do everything young. my mom said when i was about 2..we lived on a farm, i played in the big pile of "mud" (hee hee) out back and had it in my shoes, toes, fingers, ears, etc. she gagged and made dad clean me! you are a great mommy!!!

The Carter Crew said...

Ok so if your kid is hungry enough to eat her own waste, than my kid must have been starved because in a matter of weeks Kaitie (maybe it's a name thing) ate rat poison (that's a story and a half), a light bulb of the Christmas tree and the cover of a book. Just remember she has no idea what it is . To her it's brown and mushy... that's chocolate and that's good. So take a deep breath write this down in the baby book and just know worse stuff could and might just happen, so take Margo's advice buy a pull down shower head. They really are life savers. Hang in there it is ok you made your baby cry, that to will most likely happen a lot more, and it won't be the end of the world, OK. In the end she will still love you.

The Carter Crew said...

opps it was a bulb OFF the tree. Sorry

Anonymous said...

HI, You are definitely not a bad mom!! One of the girls at work is going through the taking the diaper off stage also. She was told, try using a onsie. It will be harder for them to get to the diaper. Well good luck.

Lisa said...

I'd give a dirty diaper smearing, eating mess any day to confused, break your heart teenagers. Don't worry about making sweet Katie cry a little right now Angela. She'll make you cry later. Just kidding. Lisa