Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A VERY MERRY CHRITSMAS!!

**Note** this is a VERY long post...Hey--It was Christmas--what did you expect!


Wow! This Christmas was fast! Can you believe it is already come and gone? We sure had a great one-probably the best yet, simply because we got to see Katy enjoying it for the first time (well, technically the second, but this time around she got the whole present thing...not so sure she gets the baby Jesus part yet, but we will keep telling her until she does!) She had so much fun opening presents (all month long)! I could not believe the mound of packages that grew for her! By Tuesday morning she had so many that it took a couple of rounds of opening to get the job done! Her Nonnie and Poppy (my mom and step-father) sent her the coolest Dora and Diego horse! My Mom told me it was a "rocking" horse--take a look at the pictures and see if you agree with her--I sure don't--that thing is a ride! Boy did Katy go to town! She ran to it right away and wanted on. I must note here that she said her first three word sentence! She looked right at the horse and said -clear as day- "go on that"! It was awesome!! She squeaked and shrilled and smiled and giggled and bounced up and down and back and forth to her little heart's content! :) In fact--we couldn't get her OFF of it! She didn't want to bother opening the bazillion presents she had been trying to get to for the past month--she just wanted the HORSE! (Not that I blame her!). Anyways, after Daddy got into a couple of her boxes she decided to join him! She ended up getting tons of books, Backyardigans toys for the tub,a doll, some stuffed dogs, clothes (of course), musical instruments, videos, a blanket, some new sippy cups, and a sit and spin!! Oh yeah, and did I mention she now has a better kitchen than I do!! Thanks to the Nana Santa and Papa Patas! Haaha! I have been excited about her getting this play kitchen for over a month now, and it was awesome to finally see her getting to enjoy it! She loves to "cook" for everyone and even pretends to taste her food! Now Im not sure what she loved more, the horse or the kitchen, but by the end of the day yesterday she was cooking up food and FEEDING it to the HORSE!!! hahaha!! What a funny kid! What a fun Christmas!! Enjoy the pictures and videos--make sure to turn on your speakers (i downladed a trial thing to get the sound to come out, but it put a logo across the videos :(--anyways, it has taken me 2 days to upload all this, so just try to enjoy the videos with the big yellow wording across them--it is the best I could do! :)

Katy and Mommy last year....and...

This year.... before church on Sunday (Same shirt--how funny!)
Who needs mistletoe? Last year...or....
This year... My loves!!Katy "snooping" Sunday morning before church (look at that little booty!!)

Humm... no one is watching...
If I dont look at her, maybe she wont see me...
Come on Mom...cant I open JUST ONE!!!
Heading off to Church...
Katy descending upon the first present of Christmas Eve....

Katy and Daddy last year...and ...
This year....Cool....so...uh...what is it?
Oh...its..a...dog...wow...I already have one of those...
Mommy and Katy opening presents last year...and....This year!Christmas Morning...
Just before the "Tornado" hit.....
there is sound, so turn on your speakers...




Love at first sight!
Trying to figure out how to make the horse "talk"...
Quick pause for a picture....and...Right back to riding....

Quick intermission for breakfast....



..and back to riding the horse...

Finally opening other presents!


Oh wow its a...a toothbrush...gee Mom....you shouldnt have...
Katy being "soft" with the breakable music bunny from Great Grandpa and Grandma Taylor


in the midst of all the chaos....


There's no way this little thing is gonna fill me up...


What a beautiful present...and the big box in the back aint bad either! :)

Katy and her Nana...last year...andThis year!
Katy...the morning after...making eggs??
Gotta get some milk....no--scratch that--juice!
Here horsey...I made you some pancakes!











1 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooooo that looks like fun! what joy to see a child's face on christmas! i was getting katy picture withdraw's ya know! hee hee.